Friday, June 24, 2011

Road Trip: Portland to San Francisco


I thought about a lot of locations I'd like to be when celebrating my BIG birthday next week, but when the city of San Francisco was mentioned it just clicked. Of course, I adored living there, that is where I want to go!


So we hit the road at the crack of dawn, six o'clock to be exact, and started the drive south.



Ah, thank goodness for electronics!


And thick books.


But then an hour and a half into the drive, way too soon, Max began the classic, "are we there yet?" 
Seriously?! Not even close. 
And continued with:
"This is soooooooo boring. This is terrible. This is going to last forever. 
How many more hours? How many more minutes?" 

Such drama. I just had to laugh {to myself, silently, of course!} It is really not that bad.


The promise of ice cream and time on yet another electronic quieted him a bit, for awhile. 
{This drive saw so much less complaining when Max was a baby and would just sleep!}


But we finally arrived, through the tunnel...


...over the bridge...


...into the city.

After checking into the hotel, we fit in a swim before heading out for a delicious dinner near our old apartment, wandering around the neighborhood. After finding the impossible parking spot, that is!


Then first stop the next day...



...Crissy Field. One of my absolute favorite places on earth! Seriously.


Then we hit another favorite, a great place to grab a bite to eat. 
{hey, Isabella, smile!}


Details on this and all my other favorite San Francisco stops next week!


Enjoy your weekend! You know I will be! 
Janell

No comments:

Post a Comment