Sunday, June 26, 2011

Junky picket phone organizer


I seem to collect pickets. 


I found two really large pickets at the curb last year. One of them was used for my picket toolbox.

Picket toolbox... do you name all your projects strange names too? Maybe it's just a junk thing...


Anyway, here's the other. HUGE.

What's that thing stuck to it you ask?


It's an old door hinge welded into this position. I had it on another project and it proved to be perfect for my new game plan.


This is my sign shop office downstairs. And I know how to make a paperwork mess like the best of them.

So in order to clear up some desk real-estate, I decided I needed to hang my phone list and notepad on the wall somehow.  And that itty bitty wall space would prove to be just right.


Ohhh... isn't he handsome? :)


I love this old style clipboard. The metal works AND woodwork are absolutely gorgeous.

So I thought this would be a great place to hang my phone list. The clipboard is really meant for notes, but I have my own special system for notes that's more efficient I'll tell ya about in a minute.


As luck would have it, I found this old relic at a thrift. It's a hole puncher I paid a whoppin' buck for that fits the antique clipboard! YES. No more hole alignment guessing.


Perfect. :)

In order to protect some personal numbers, I'm just showing you a blank page.

Phone list tip

I build my phone list in a word processor on the computer, then simply print it out. It's easy to change, easy to read and when they get crapped out, easy to freshen up. I also place the list inside a page protector so I can walk around with it.

Every phone has the same list as well as one in my vehicle.


A little lightweight rope sealed the deal for hanging the notebook. An S hook works even better but doesn't look quite as cool. :)

Note book tip


My secret weapon for staying organized beside the phone are thick spiral notebooks. I date the top, then proceed to take messages. When I've dealt with the new entry, I draw a line through it.

With this method, your notes never disappear on you. The reference is avail at the flip of a page. I have a notebook beside every phone and every computer. And one in my truck. It's saved my bacon countless times.


That rusty hinge is now a very handy junk style pen holder.



The system is so simple it really doesn't even deserve a post.

But sometimes the simplest ideas can also be the best. :)


Guess I've been on a phone organization binge lately cuz here's the upstairs variety.

Very different yet equally effective.

How do you organize beside your phone?

No comments:

Post a Comment