Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Butterfly Garden

Hello. Happy Tuesday...and oh my goodness, it's almost July! Where did June go? It sped right by me...LOL.



I have this to show you. Do you like it?







Today being the 4th Tuesday of the month, it's time for a new challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog--an inspiration challenge this time. Our very talented Paola is the hostess for June and she has chosen this picture to inspire you.



Of course you can see right away where I got my inspiration, can't you? LOL.



When I first saw this picture, my eyes zeroed in on the that wooden chest of drawers and I knew immediately what I was going to make for this challenge. I've been meaning to make something like this to sort out my stamps--not image stamps...LOL, but postage stamps for mailing out my cards. I've been putting off making it, so this was the push I needed.





I will use this as my entry to the following challenges:



Stampin' For the Weekend - Challenge 11 - My Favorite Things (Magnolia stamps, easel cards, butterflies, hand-made flowers, punches and dies)



All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge - Challenge #11 -In the good ole summer time



Totally Tilda - Challenge #25 - Anything but a card



Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar - Week 112 - Butterfly theme



Hooked on Craft Challenges - Challenge 2 - Flowers



Scrap-Creations - Anything BUT a Card



I've used quite a few Magnolia images for this project:

In this scene, this is Hello Little Butterfly from the Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011 and

the Shabby Chic Fence from the Shabby Chic Summer Collection 2008. Also the Chasing Butterfly Sign from the Chasing Butterfly Sign Collection 2009.





This is Edwin with Butterfly from the Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011 also and Brick Wall (I'm not sure which collection that is from).





And again from the same butterfly collection, this is Tilda in Lace Jeans and Lazy Summer Days Flowers from the Lazy Summer Days Collection 2009.



All the Magnolia images I've used for this project are available from the Magnolia-licious on-line store. And not to forget that the mini version of these stamps are also available there. Check out the Magnolia Mini-World catalogue.





I've used my collection of Prismacolour Premier, Faber-Castell Polychromos and Derwent Colour Soft coloured pencils to colour these images. But sorry, I didn't keep track of the colours that I used as I was rushing. I admit, with the amount of time I had left to finish this, I was a bit too ambitious...LOL.



I found a little poem in the internet and I've used that as the sentiment here. (LOL...you can blow up the picture if you want to read it.)





That's it for me.



I hope you will join us in our inspiration challenge. There is a prize of $25 Gift Certificate from Magnolia-licious. Also check out the fabulous cards from my DT teammates to inspire you further. Links to their individual blogs are on my side bar, or on the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.



And woo-hoo, the mail strike is over!!! Canada Post workers are going back to work and I can send out my birthday cards. They are a few belated birthday cards coming to a few people...sorry, can't be help!



Thanks so much for dropping by. Your visits and comments are always very much appreciated.



Have a wonderful week. Now go and create!







Materials and Tools used:



The chest of drawers was made from cardstock and chipboard.



DP's: K&Company Julianne Specialty Paper Pad, me&my BIG ideas value pack paper pad Fashion District



Tools: Go Create dies, Spellbinder Labels Sixteen, Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punches large and medium, Magnolia Doohickey Swirl and Leaf dies, Nellie Snellen Leaf punch and embosser, EK Success Retro Flower punches, large, medium and small, wooden plugs from Michaels



Misc.: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stamp Pad Tea Dye







No comments:

Post a Comment