Sunday, June 19, 2011

A welcoming front porch I created at the Grille

 

The Vedder Mountain Grille is a lovely little restaurant located in Yarrow, BC Canada on Yarrow Central Road. It's situated in one of the older buildings, which instantly loads every nook and cranny with vintage character.

I have the privilege of decorating up the Grille... with MY stuff to sell. It's a win - win situation for Laurie and I and she's been patiently waiting for me to get my act together and start playing around. So this weekend I did something about it!


Laurie had previously summoned me to look out for some chairs for her front porch.  She wanted to create an inviting coffee area outdoors under the perfect overhang. So this weekend I landed a couple chairs with the most amazing patina ever.



I'm not sure how old these are, but I could never mimic the amazing finish on them. They don't need to be touched at all.

But I didn't stop there.


I shopped Laurie's storage area upstairs to see what other treasures I could use to spruce up the surroundings.

Doesn't this just beckon you in for a nice hot beverage over a friendly chit chat?


And yes, one of the chairs is from my own personal collection and is for sale. :) The sisal seat is in flawless condition and the chair is as sturdy as a rock. I've worked the stain on the wood to give it abit more dimension. It's a cool piece.


So eclectically cute! Note the reflection in the window? There's even a thrift store right across the road! Heaven I tell ya! :)




It's a very simple makeover due to the fact that everything comes indoors for night, however I believe it speaks volumes. Front porches always seem to invite friendly conversation and this front porch is no different. It's the perfect little addition to an already awesome restaurant!

And as payback for my shopping, Laurie cooked me up one of her pasta specials, homemade spaghetti and meatballs with homemade nacho chips and dip, caesar salad, and garlic bread. Ah... and her fabulous hot coffee a little on the strong side, just the way I like it! Yes... I love working with Laurie very very much. I even sat outside to enjoy it. :)

I'll be making and bringing in more of my treasures to the restaurant this week. And I'll be sure to show you what's going in and what we're doing with it this time.

Coming by this way? Be sure to stop in and let Laurie know how famous her front porch is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment