Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's your day! - Guest DT Criss Cross Card

Hello! Happy Summer everyone! The calendar says it's the first day of summer, but looking out the window, I'm not sure I agree...LOL. I have a few strawberry plants in my garden plot and I have yet to harvest my strawberry this year...sigh.

This is my 2nd and last Guest DT card for Top Tip Tuesday. Their theme for this week, Challenge #39, is 'Cross It' - "...cross your papers, cross your ribbons, cross your twine and then cross your fingers! Basically you can 'cross it' or you may want to have a go Annette's fab Tutorial...". Yes, one of their DT ladies, Annette, has created a wonderful easy-to-follow tutorial on a criss cross card. I decided on the criss cross card as you can see.





This adorable little gal that I've used on the front of the card is from Magnolia's latest Sweet Rainbow Collection 2011 and she is called Lying Tilda. This stamp and anything Magnolia can purchase from Magnolia-licious on-line store.

I'm going back and forth in colouring with my markers and my coloured pencils--I love both mediums now. For this card, I've coloured my images with markers--my combo of Promarker, Touch and Letraset Pantone Tria markers. Although I've also used some coloured pencils to deepened the shadings.


This is my first criss-cross cards! I'm wondering why I haven't tried this before--I'm loving this type of card. Thanks for Top Tip Tuesday for having this theme as a challenge. I will surely make more of these.

I do like how the two front triangular panels are glued at the bottom to form a pocket.



I guess you can insert anything you want into the pocket, but I have created another card front to put in it. This is the full view of the inside card.



This adorable Tilda is called Tilda Playing Hopscotch. She is also from the Sweet Rainbow Collection 2011, also available from Magnolia-licious.



I would like to use this card to enter the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss - Challenge 85 - Pearls and Swirls
The Paper Shelter - Challenge #18 - Punches and Dies
Crafty Catz Weekly - Challenge #87 - Fancy Folds
Everybody-Art-Challenge - Challenge 147 - Anything Goes
Hooked on Craft Challenges - Challenge #1 - Anything Goes


Thanks to Leanne (blog owner) and the Top Tip Tuesday ladies for letting me join them for a couple of challenges. I had so much fun and now I even found a new type of card to play with--an added bonus...woo-hoo. Check out the Top Tip Tuesday challenge blog--as their name implied, they've got tons of tips to help you better your card-making. This is on top of their weekly challenges, the fabulous cards/projects of the DT ladies to inspire you and prizes to boot.


Thanks so much for dropping by for a look. As always, I appreciate your visit and your comments even more. Have a wonderful and productive week.



Materials and Tools used:

Stamps: No other stamps beside the 2 Magnolia ones mentioned above. The sentiments are computer generated.

DP’s: Deja Views Sharon Ann Green Garden Collection Large Floral on Green, Creative Imaginations Sonnets Celery.

Tools: Spellbinders Labels 12, Martha Stewart Garden Trellis Deep Edge Punch, Magnolia Doohickey Dies Leaf & Swirl, EK Success Retro Flower punches medium and small.

Misc.: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stamp Pad Forest Moss and Weathered Wood, Recollections and Mark Richards pearls.

Medium: alcohol-ink markers
Face/skin: Promarkers blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla, pastel pink, satin.
Lying Tilda's Hair & Shoes – Touch Y100; Promarkers caramel, sandstone.
Lying Tilda's Dress – Promarkers amethyst, orchid, lavender; Touch T264
Hopscotch Tilda's Hair & Shoes – Touch T99, T102; Promarkers cinnamon, tan.
Hopscotch Tilda's Dress – Promarkers burgundy; Letraset Pantone Tria 500, 693, 694, 500, 698.
Cobblestone - Letraset PT cool greys CG 1-4.



No comments:

Post a Comment