Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Traditional Living Room Inspiration Board~

Today I thought I'd share an inspiration board I made recently for some clients of mine who just redid their kitchen and decided that their living room was now in need of an update as well.



The color scheme for this design is inspired by some new pale blue rugs they purchased for the space, as well as their current wall color.

Although they already have a soft gold color on their walls, I suggested that they bump it up a notch to an even warmer gold similar to that in the living room photo pictured.  In this case, I suggested Fresh Butter by Benjamin Moore.

That living room photo is there for another reason as well...my clients currently have a fireplace with a dark wood surround and painted brown brick.  I suggested they lighten it up to match their new white kitchen by painting the woodwork out in white, adding a lovely crown moulding similar to that pictured, and flanking it on either side with white built-in bookcases. (hence, the pictured bookcases.)

They currently have a set of matching loveseats in a rich floral.  I suggested that they slipcover them in a soft cream, and add two ottomans (similar to that pictured) in front of the fireplace for extra seating.

Blue curtains, pretty beach-inspired pillows, and round end tables covered in complimentary cloths (not the white one pictured) complete the coastal feel.

I hope to be able to share the befores and after with you soon!

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment