Sunday, August 9, 2009

New kitchen office

    IMG_0970

Funky Blog Headquarters has moved! But not too far away.

This was my kitchen eating area last night. Anyone else that has a massive kitchen island KNOWS, you don't use the kitchen table any longer, right?!? So I decided rather than cramming everything on the island, to incorporate this area and this furniture for my office instead.    

IMG_0966

I simply opened up the doors on the armoire, removed the useless dumping ground I had inside, and made it office functional. I scooted the table closer to the armoire as well.

IMG_0979

I may go white inside along the back wall of the cabinet, but for now, I'm doing a trial run.

IMG_0962 

The texture is rather pretty to look at!

IMG_0961

A somewhat unique way to house a bulletin board with no wall space, no? Ohhhh I know. That board needs some awesome kinda treatment! I'm on it!

IMG_0974

No Office Depot stuff in sight here. The accessories simply blend in with the rest of the house, making it work in such a central area.

IMG_0972

And the best part of all?

IMG_0985

I get my kitchen island back. To EAT on. :)

Note, I had designed my island to sit at from both sides. And am I ever glad I did! We do everything on this thing. The top is custom shaped metal, supported with metal legs and corbels freestanding overtop factory cabinets. I'll do a spotlight on the top soon as it's VERY unique.

I had fussed for soooo long wondering how to solve this kitchen office problem. And here I had the space AND furniture perfectly in place already. Sometimes ya just gotta open your own eyes. More tweaks to come I'm certain, but for now, I'm loving it!

How about you? Where's your bloggy office located?

___________________

This post is shared with A Soft Place to Land's DIY Day Aug 13 2009 edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment