Monday, August 3, 2009

The Story Of 156 Squares


I do believe that at times Ignorance is Bliss.

Case in point, Isabella's and my great idea to make a rag quilt.
Big enough to become a duvet for the Girl's Dream Bedroom.

Are you kidding me? That bed is a Queen.

I now suspect there had to be at least an experienced person or two who read my post and knew I had no clue what I was getting into.
Would I have listened had you told me?
Probably not.

Because I love a challenge.

My luck was that, without understanding the benefit, I cut the squares on the large size.
To cover the expanse just 156 squares were needed.

While sewing I started to do the math. Wait...each of these squares have to be sewn and snipped on all four sides? Oh...

Several long nights of sewing later, the pieces are all sewn together.
And snipped. All 2,096 inches.
Another miscalculation of time and effort.

Oh well...the "client" is absolutely delighted.
All that is left to do is cut and sew on the back layer of the duvet.
Normally I would view this as a large job, but in comparison...it's a walk in the park.

I have a new appreciation for all the wonderful quilters out there.

And thank you.
For not telling me I ought to reconsider when I presented my idea...

On another note, does your home need a little dose of color?
If so, please scroll down and enter my Pillow Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment