Thursday, August 27, 2009

Living Room Redesign

In answer to my question yesterday...yes! The living room is being redesigned to become my office. I sorely need one and with no other available rooms in the house, I'm moving in.

This is the TRUE before picture, taken while house hunting last summer.

Not long after moving in it looked like this. The room made me smile every time I walked by...


...on the way to my 'office' located at the kitchen nook table. This started to get old until one day it occurred to me I had options!


The new space (I tried to write 'office' here, but the word just doesn't match the space I am envisioning!) will provide comfortable seating to lounge in while attempting to think creative thoughts, a large table to work on designs and to write at, storage for samples and supplies, and plenty of new lighting to see it all by.

While some items have been repurposed and others sold, there are aspects of the room that cannot be changed. Starting with the 'wallpaper' design. For one, I love it and two, painting it took way too long to NOT incorporate into the new plan. So this is where the room begins.

The geometric design was laid out on graph paper and transferred onto the fireplace wall. Then each shape was filled in with contrasting paint, one...


after another...


after another.


While I figure out the next step of this Living Room Redesign, don't you forget to enter the Stella & Dot Jewelry Giveaway, which ends on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment