Friday, August 21, 2009

Life is Sweet

Hello. Happy Friday!

I've made a card for 3 challenges.


This is the sketch that I've used from Sketch Saturday, provided for their Challenge #64.

And for Penny Black Saturday Challenge, this is Week 62 for them. ...this week's challenge which is a colour combo
BLUE.....TAN & CREAM.


Ahha you say! There’s none of those adorable creatures from Penny Black on the card. I used a couple of other stamps instead: the duo of flowers and a sentiment for inside the card.

The 3rd challenge is from Cupcake Craft Challenges. They're celebrating their 1st birthday. "...this weeks brilliant challenge which has been chosen to coincide with our 1st birthday celebrations and the theme is something sweet. There is also an optional extra to include a cupcake."


I do have a standing Tilda image holding a cupcake in my collection. But I wanted to use a sitting Tilda instead, that I could perch at the edge of that oval cut-out. So this Magnolia image is actually the Tilda With Bee. I sent the bee buzzing bye bye. I stamped a Tilda With Cupcake image on a scrap piece of cardstock and cut out the cupcake with the hand holding it. I glued that to the spot where the bee used to be. Turned out real well I thought. Okay, okay, the hand-and-the-cupcake image is actually a smidgen too big, but I couldn’t tell that until I took a picture of the card and see it in my posting here. Oh well.

The flower is actually perfect for doing decoupage. No time to do it for this card, but I will do that the next time.


TGIF. Have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by. And I appreciate any and all comments.

Stamps: Penny Black "T for Transparent" Flower Gallery (duo flowers) and Enjoy Life (sentiment inside of card), Hampton Art{Foot Long} Cupcakes (Life is Sweet sentiment and cupcake).DP's: Fiskars Heidi Grace Designs Meadow Flower Decor, Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls Courtyard Blossoms, the tan colour dp with flowers - unknown maker.
Tools: Fiskards border punch Flowers.
Embelishments: Kaiser Craft pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment