Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Treasure Hunting~

I have mentioned before that my mother is a collector. And I mean A COLLECTOR. If there is anything I want or need, she usually has it. Now that I am an adult, I appreciate all of the wonderful treasures that my mom has unearthed over the years. And lucky for me, she likes to share her treasures. So while I was home, I went on a bit of a treasure hunt.


Just thought I'd share a few of the fun things I dug up at my mom's house (and got to bring home with me).



A girl can never have too many white buttons. I brought home a bunch of these lovely vintage beauties (and some black ones, and some metal ones as well, but the white ones are my favorite.)

These little sweeties are actually attached to the original cards.



Loved these cameos. Especially the blue one. Not sure what I want to do with them yet, but they're just so pretty, I couldn't pass them up!





These sock monkeys are actually my favorite thing that I brought home with me from my mom's house. I have had the little guy on the end (with the pink tuft on his hat) since my very first Christmas, but my mom donated the other five to me when I told her about a little boy's room I had seen in a magazine that used sock monkeys and how I thought it would be perfect for Mr. Two and Mr. Three's room (if we get a bigger house before they're too old for sock monkeys). Aren't they sweet? I *heart* them!



This vintage spool still has its original silk thread. The color is simply fabulous.
I'll actually be listing this photo (as well as relisting Backstage Dreams and Summer Lovin' in my Etsy store later today!)
Hope you all have a lovely Wednesday~

No comments:

Post a Comment