Wednesday, August 12, 2009

An Unfortunate Situation~

Hello my dear readers!

I interrupt this vacation to bring you news of an unfortunate nature! I debated if I even wanted to post about this, but then I thought it was a good idea to share it with all of my friends in blogland! A dear fellow blogger emailed me to tell me that another "blog" has been using my posts. Word for word, picture for picture. I am not even going to link to the offending blog, because I certainly don't want to drive traffic their way, but I wanted to let you all know what is going on just in case any of you happen upon the "blog" that is doing this.

I am working to correct whatever it is that is going on, but in the meantime, I want to warn my fellow bloggers to make sure that you follow up on blogs that are linking to you, and where your traffic is coming from. And if you happen upon a post that looks suspiciously familiar, please do as my dear bloggy friend did, and let someone know. We need to watch out for one another! We pour our hearts into our blogs, and for heavens sake, we need to give credit where credit is due.

I love my little corner of the blogosphere! I love the fact that there are so many supportive, caring and nurturing people who make it a wonderful place to be. Let's not let those who are less than ethical ruin it for the rest of us!

One more post from the archives is headed your way, and then I should be back in blogland!! Can't wait to catch up on all the blogging goodness that I've missed.

I'm signing this post and linking to my blog on purpose to see what happens if the other "blog" reposts this post...I guess we'll see. sigh.

xoxo
Wendy @ The Shabby Nest

Edited to add: Thanks for some great info and great support! There are those who would like the link so they can leave comments on the offending blog...Just wanted you all to know that comments don't seem to be working on the blog. (I've tried and my bloggy friend has tried...) And for those of you who mentioned blogs who steal posts from feeds...I think that may be what is going on, and I am currently looking into it! Thanks again! I know you all rock!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment