Friday, August 14, 2009

Bedding In The Girl's Dream Bedroom



The making of the rag quilt=duvet was a once in a lifetime project. If I ever get the urge to make another quilt it will be just big enough to turn into a small pillow.


New sheets were also on the wish list for the room, and we headed off to Target to pick out a set. Off-white was what I had in mind, but just look at what was purchased. Once Isabella spotted these turquoise sheets I didn't have a chance. What girl would select white sheets when a pair of fabulously bright turquoise sheets were available for the taking. I'm confident they will mellow with age...or washings.



While at Target we also found a simple Shabby Chic gathered bed skirt. With all the sewing projects I've taken on of late I was happy (relieved) to find a ready made solution just waiting to be taken home.

Up next, pillows and a fun little project...refinishing a cute footstool. How many weeks until September? This room will be complete by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment