Thursday, August 13, 2009

From the Archives - Conquering Kid Clutter~

I'll be back from my vacation and back to regular posting next week...in the meantime...

FROM THE ARCHIVES...

This post originally appeared on February 2, 2009...

I wanted to share a few children's rooms that do a great job of incorporating tons of stylish storage.

Here are three FABULOUS designs from Candice Olsen. I *heart* Candice Olsen! Check out these fantastic ideas...
This nursery has a gazillion storage options...I love the little storage "tent" by the bed...something like that would be fairly simple to make with a wire shelf system and fabric. But she didn't stop there...no no no. See the skirted window bench on the right side of the photo...that has storage underneath as well. Then there's the bedside table, the little trunk, the changing table, the small cabinet under the window. Catch my drift? Storage galore!
I have always loved this shared space that Candice did for two little sisters. The bed under the eaves is a built in...and I love the stylish storage she has incorporated underneath...(I also think there is a trundle under that bed although I haven't seen this episode in a while, so I could be wrong...) Again, more storage in the little chest under the window. And the carpet? A great idea for kids...carpet squares. If one gets ruined, just pull it up and replace it...something like that would come in handy at my house.

All rooms by Candice Olsen. Photos from HGTV.

I borrowed an idea directly from this last room. We are lucky enough to have a walk-in closet in my boys' bedroom, and it happens to have built in shelves. I took off the door, replaced it with a curtain, put a kiddo-sized desk inside, and put books and toys on the shelves. VOILA! A secret-hideaway-study-play area. And it still holds clothes too.

Thanks for the great ideas Candice!

See you all next week~

No comments:

Post a Comment