Tuesday, August 11, 2009

From the Archives- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall~

On Vacation so here's a post FROM THE ARCHIVES...

This post originally appeared on April 8, 2009...

Want to know one of my favorite designer tricks? Add mirrors.

Mirrors are a wonderful way to bring light and the illusion of space to a room.

Don't feel like you have to hang all your mirrors on the wall. Mirrors look great simply propped against the wall as well. A large mirror adds substance to an otherwise small piece of furniture.




Just make sure that the mirror reflects something pleasant. For instance, I snapped a pic of my favorite mirror below because I loved the "still life" effect of it framing my entertainment armoire. (Don't look too closely...the mirror needed dusting.)


Mirrors don't have to be expensive to add a lot of personality. I purchased the mirror below but it could be made very inexpensively by simply gluing small tin tiles to a prepurchase frameless mirror.


Now go round up your mirrors and lighten up your space!

No comments:

Post a Comment