Saturday, August 1, 2009

From the Archives...A Little Birdy Vignette~

On Vacation so here's a post FROM THE ARCHIVES...

This post originally appeared October 27, 2008 ~

I am the daughter of a mother who collect "things". And when I say she collects "things" I mean she collects just about everything. One of her favorite things to do with her treasures is to make little displays. She would come up with an idea and get very excited as she gathered up all of her things and then VOILA! she would have a fabulous display. So today I realized that I HAVE BECOME MY MOTHER. As I was trying to decide what to do with my little bird's nest, I got very excited. I hurried down to my computer and printed off these lovely egg prints and little bird painting that I found on this lovely lady's blog. I framed them up and placed my nest lovingly in a little apothecary jar (well, it's really a cookie jar, but let's just call it an apothecary jar so I can sound oh so stylish!) I threw in a few feathers and lest you can't tell what the nest is inside the apothecary cookie jar, I added a little tag. And TADA! I have a lovely little vignette (now I really do sound oh so stylish!) My little nest looks great until I can locate the perfect cloche or cheese dome/cake plate for it, and I love the whole birdy theme! Who knew becoming your mother could be so satisfying ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment