Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Featuring.... Missy!

After my new office post went up, Missy from  Days Go By made a comment. Apparently my office post inspired her enough to create a little office in an unused area in her home.

 

Isn't it charming?!? If I'm not mistaken, her desk looks like an antique sewing machine cabinet... I LOVE it!

What REALLY inspired me was that old window chalkboard! It's naturally sectioned off to keep tabs on her kid's schooling activities. And it just looks so cool! I am extremely touched that something I did encouraged another to go forth and create!

So I got down to reading a bit of Missy's blog. And oh my gosh, this girl has lived a dream of mine. Check out what she just did. And be prepared for your jaw to drop like mine did.

Gaaaaaaa...... I can't speak. Yes, she was a volunteer on an Extreme Home Makeover show!

Oh.. COME ON!

Isn't she cute to boot?!? This was the day she spent on the set when Ty was working.

Doh!!!!!! This was another day on the set.

ADMIT it! You'd want to be a part of this too! Never mind the amazing experience and to simply help someone in need. But to CREATE and learn with the greats AND meet them?!? Just surreal.

Yeah, I'm a little star struck for sure. But wana know what else this girl does?

 

She's also an amazing photographer.

She photographs kids found here. Isn't that a gorgeous shot?!? I know. Stop already.

Please join me in visiting  Days Go By. Check out her full story on the Extreme show, and do check out her photography. And don't forget to tell her just how fortunate and talented she is too...

I really love spotlighting someone else's creativity and life experiences. If you've ever been inspired by one of the Funky Junk projects, please be sure to tell me about it. You just may be next. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment