Monday, August 24, 2009

Terrific Homes Tuesday~

It's been a while since I've done a home tour for you all, and I'm so excited to share with you today's fabulous home! When I knew I was headed out west, I couldn't wait to get photos of my sister-in-law's amazing house to share with my readers. The hubby's sister Jennifer has an amazing eye for design. And between her designs, and her talented husband's know how, the two of them have created an incredible retreat! Something of a mix between Tuscan villa and urban farmhouse, Jen's style is captivating, warm and vibrant. I hope you all enjoy.


Let's start at the very beginning...a very good place to start...(okay, I'll stop with the show tunes). But really, look at Jen's fabulous landscaping. All self done. No landscape architects here. Nope. (Maybe she can come give me some pointers.)

Her window baskets were absolutely breathtaking!


I have long loved this little birdbath! So sweet!

This is her front entrance. I adore the black french doors. And the metal bench is a great touch...as is the cute little welcome sign above.



I love this vinyl lettering that she has just inside her front door. I would have cropped it in closer, but I wanted to show you all what is beneath it. A bunch of doorbells, you ask? No, those are light switches. Love them!!



I wish this picture were less blurry. The light was a little low, and I don't have a tripod. I love the impact of the oversized art above the stately console. I also love the sweet little dancing statuette. (Jen owned a dance studio for years...my kind of gal!)



I just loved this old typewriter and typesetting blocks on a shelf in the library!




This antique secretary is huge....and so lovely. What a great place to pen a thank you note!



I adore Jen's library. Her husband built all of the bookshelves himself, and they are amazing!





This cozy nook is found at the entrance to Jen's amazing kitchen. I love the beadboard on the walls. (She is a woman after my own heart...her house is just filled with beadboard accents.)


The powder room - across the hall from the nook above - also features beadboard walls. I love this old dresser and ornate mirror. (I tried to get out of the mirror's reflection, but it still caught my elbow. ha!)

This lovely console in the family room off the kitchen offers additional storage for kitchen necessities.

Inviting benches flank the family room fireplace and offer cozy seating for guests.

The kitchen is truly the heart of Jen's home! She and her hubby designed it themselves. It is quite a showpiece, and very functional. I adore the paneled ceiling, and the open shelving! The huge center island is a great touch as well. I wish I had taken a picture of the gigantic farmhouse table on the right side of the room (you can see a corner of it). Jen's hubby made it himself!
A closeup of the cooktop. I love the shelf above, and the open shelves to lower left. As well as the basket drawers on the lower right.

Just past the kitchen out a pair of french doors is an inviting deck with a netted canopy. Perfect for relaxing outdoors in any weather!


Jen's living room houses a lovely grand piano and one of my father-in-law's amazing oversized paintings.

Another pretty vignette in Jen's finished basement.

Love this built-in desk made from a closet in the bedroom her two youngest daughters share.


These electified lanterns are used as sconces on either side of her daughters' bed. (And more beadboard here as well!)



Thanks to Jen and her darling family for opening up their home to this little tour! I hope you all enjoyed it!
xoxo
Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment