Monday, August 24, 2009

Fall Card & Treat Box

Happy Monday!

I've got a couple of projects to show you.

As a set, the card and matching treat box, it is my entry for the Magnolia-licious Hilites challenge. Click here for the details and also to participate in the Tricks-n-Treats Magnolia-licious DT Blog Hop. There are prizes galore!! As you can see, because I don’t have any Halloween Tilda, I went with the Fall/Autumn theme instead.


In creating the card, I used this wonderful sketch provided by Rach for Just Magnolia Challenge Blog.
I had actually started this card using the colours that were provided for the Roses on Paper previous challenge—it was a fall-colour challenge: orange, brown and warm red. But I took too long in completing the card, that I missed the deadline. However their current challenge is to …incorporate the use of punches in a Sketch Challenge of your choice! So this card is for their Challenge 19.

At the Truly Scrumptious Challenge Blog, their current challenge is not for a card. “We would like you to make anything BUT a card.” So the treat box is my entry for their Challenge 14 as well.
I was browsing through the Scor-Pal website trying to decide which project--from among the the dozens provided there--to make for this 2nd part of the challenge and had almost decided on one. Then I was at my local DeSerres art store yesterday and saw this cute little see-through box that I thought would do instead. The staff must have been wondering what I was up to. I was turning the box upside down, side to side, this way and that, trying to figure out how it was made. Got out my pen and piece of paper, did a quick sketch and wrote down the approximate measurements. When I got home, I rework the measurements so that I only have to use one piece of letter-size paper (8 ½” x 11”). The box in the store is bigger than mine. I’m pleased of how this box turned out.

This is a picture of how I decorated the back and the sides of the box.

Okay, that's it. Sorry if this posting is too lenghty. Thanks for for visiting me. Have a wonderful day.

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Broom and Standing Fall Tilda, Inkadinkado clear stamp set Autumn Foliage.
DP’s: Provo Craft Fluttery Things, Over The Moon Press Natural Leaves, KI Memories Choices Collection Organized Tailgate
Tools: EK Success Swirl punch, Fiskars corner punch Leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment