Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I 'heart' collecting heart rocks!

Remember our last camping adventure?

It's nearing the end of the kiddo's summer vacation time our way, so we've been frequenting our favorite camping spot once again. And a new obsession has developed.

Most of you collect seashells by the seashore. But when you camp on a riverside, what does one collect? Driftwood? Perhaps. But for us it's rocks. But not JUST rocks.

 IMG_1071

Heart shaped rocks! My son found this baby and he set the theme for the rest of our excursions. This one was about 36" across! Isn't it gorgeous?!? Unfortunately I couldn't tuck it into my pocket to bring home darn it, but we did find a few we could.

IMG_1078

Aren't they adorable?!?

 IMG_1073

This is where I found that big heart rock. It's located in the lower left of this picture if you really look. And this is only one spot. There are lots of sandy areas as well and sandbars located in the middle of the river.

 IMG_1061

If you walk down these pathways in the woods, you'll find dozens of little riverside hideaways, just waiting for you to park your chair and start your adventure.

 IMG_1064

These are weeds. I like weeds that look like this.

IMG_1069

Oh my. Which way shall we go? See that big ol rock?

IMG_1077

Here's my lil' rock helper dude posing on it. It isn't heart shaped, but he's in mine anyway. :)

IMG_1079

I cannot WAIT to create something interesting with them!

IMG_1080

Who knew rocks could be so darn cute and interesting? I can't wait to get my hands on some kind of spray on varnish and pretty them up. They glisten and glow radiant hues when wet.

Ok, well, we must be off. For when the sun shines, it's time to collect heart rocks in these parts!

Do you collect anything unusual or interesting? What have you done with your collections? What would you suggest we do with ours?

No comments:

Post a Comment