Monday, August 17, 2009

Girl's Dream Bedroom - A Little Footstool Project

Thanks Laurie, for featuring this on Tip Junkie!!



Just look at how cute this footstool project turned out! What is it about a project that costs next to nothing? Suddenly there is freedom to be as creative as you want to be. If it doesn't turn out...hey, it's no big deal.

Here's the story. It started with my Mom & Dad bringing the footstool to the house last week. It had been sitting in their den until they had the idea that it would be a nice addition to Isabella's room. Not until I called them to brag about how adorable it turned out did they share the news of its origin. Can you believe it was pulled out of a dumpster a few years ago? My Dad was Dumpster Diving?


Regardless, I am still smiling about its transformation. First the frame was sanded...I would have wanted to fumigate it as well, had I been a bit more informed.


The old fabric was removed (thankfully this was not the fabric that was on the stool when it was pulled out of the trash) and replaced with a new fuzzy fabric. $2 from JoAnn fabrics.



Isabella was eager to get involved and enjoyed painted the frame with Sherwin-Williams Drizzle 6479. This color is a shade darker than the Girl's Dream Bedroom wall color, Sherwin-Williams Watery 6478.


Over the Drizzle color I just had to apply a bit of Rub n' Buff in Grecian Gold...I do love this product!


Finally, the newly recovered seat was screwed into place. The entire project took just a couple hours and by using found items, left over paint, supplies and inexpensive fabric, the price is right. Nothing to complain about here, except next time I'm given something taken out of a dumpster...please, I would like to at least be told about it first.


No comments:

Post a Comment