Saturday, January 22, 2011

Vellum Lillies


Today was a happy day for me; I received a big box of new products from Joan's Gardens.  In that box are some of the new JustRite stamps Joan now has in stock.  I LOVE these new sets: "Mother Nature's Gifts" and "You're So Sweet".  Aren't they beautiful.  I had no idea what I was going to do when I started creating this card.  I thought the flowers, from "Mother Nature's Gifts",  would be beautiful white embossed on vellum paper and they are.  I decided to try something new -- well any way something I have never seen or done before.  I normally use markers to color on the back of vellum.  I wanted my flowers to be dainty so decided to try watercoloring on the back.  I used a pink reinker and a water brush to color on the back.  To my surprise, it curled the petals of the flowers and I was so excited the dimension it gave to the flowers.  The petals were all curling under (toward the backside) and I wanted part of them to curl forward.  I used a clean water brush to apply water to the front and happily found out the vellum would curl up.  Have you ever tried water coloring on vellum?   I'm sure you will have fun with this technique.  Wonder if I invented a new technique???

The back layer on the card was embossed with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder.  The pink square was created with the Martha Stewart "Loops Heart" border punches.  Another piece of pink card stock was cut that would fit inside the one with the punched border and I scored 1/4" lines, using the new ScorPal,  going two directions to give the background texture. 

The beautiful greeting and border are from the "You're So Sweet" JustRite set.  It is so perfect for this card.  It was white embossed and cut out with a petite circle Nestability.  The center was sponged with some pink ink to help bring out the white embossing.  Doesn't it go beautiful with those vellum flowers - so dainty.  The flowers were arranged down in the corner and the greeting tucked in.  I had a piece of  a pink pearl flourish in my drawer and decided to add it.  I better tell you about the leaves.  They were white embossed with a stamp I have had for a long time and a marker used to color them on the back.  A pink bow and a single pearl were added to complete the card.  

What do you think about these new JustRite stamps.  You can order them now from Joan's Gardens. I know you will love them.  While you are ordering them, be sure to see all the other new JustRite stamps shown on Joan's blog.  

Thanks for coming by to visit.  Have a great weekend.  


No comments:

Post a Comment