Sunday, January 30, 2011

My own Blissdom weekend... at home


 

This past weekend my son went to his dad's, so I was free and clear to roam wherever the wind blew me.

It actually started off a little blue. I was watching twitter and blogland with all the Blissdom updates and I nearly ran to the airport, taking a nosedive into a closing door heading to Nashville! As I knew that wouldn't go over too well, I set out to create a little bliss of my own.

After I dropped my son off, I decided to start things off with a fancy coffee and a stroll through our local Homesense.

I didn't desire a THING, but my coffee wasn't done yet, so I edged my way into the clothes section.  As my eyes glazed over with immediate boredom, I glanced at something cute. "Huh... bet I could have worn that at Blissdom." (let it go already! enjoy! go on! you can do it!)

Now know, I rarely if ever clothes shop. If I had been booked for Blissdom, I would have been in mad freak out mode on this very issue.

Well, I had to try that cute thing on.  And right on schedule, it didn't fly.

BUT... I had noticed some clearance racks that called my name instead. 
Which lead me to a trying on FRENZY. The buggy was heaped like a plaid shirt mountain! KIDDING. I shopped for real women's non plaid things this round. :)

As it turns out, it appears it's more fun to clothes shop if the need isn't MANDATORY. Who knew.

And so I bought some stuff! Me! New clothes!

Now please note, this will NEVER be a clothes blog, deal? This is a once in a blue moon happening here. Which makes this incredibly newsworthy.

So.. wanna see?!?


Check out these deals!!

p.s. I only buy if I LIKE the item, regardless of price, but what sweet prices!


Black fur lined vinyl jacket - $20!

Scarf - $10

Jeans - $10

My gosh... thrift store prices for brand new stuff!!




 Cute aviator fur lined vinyl jacket - $45

Roots scarf - $15

A little more $$, but I REALLY LOVED these.


Funkalicious 100% cotton hoodie - $16

Yum!! Love the fun print for something different! Ok ok... ABIT of plaid is ok, right?

Ah yes... let's try it on now shall we?


Sleek black goes with all. Especially my toys. :)


Ohhhhh this one's soooo cozy! I wore it to church today. :)

Here's a  lens flare effect from Photoshop Elements. Fun!


Super duper warm scarf! Blue-red tone too. :)


Gotta getta hoodie. It's a Canadian law.  :)

I feel like a reel gurl again!

"Ok, I'm ready for Blissdom! See ya down there this upcoming weekend? Anyone?!?"

*weep*

I also took in a romantic comedy at the theatre this weekend all by my lonesome too. So I guess you could say I created my own personal Blissdom right at home. :)

Now, just so you know, I don't endorse shopping when you're in mental anguish! That can get you in alot of trouble. I needed clothes very badly so it was a complete fluke this worked out, for things I liked and at rock bottom prices. 

Or was it...seems like it was meant to be to me... been meaning to polish up my act for some time now. Is something in the air I don't yet know about? What's He up to now? Hmm.... 

Time to build me a closet for my new duds! Stay tuned. :)

The point of this post? 

Sometimes we need a little DIY love on ourselves. Take the time next time you're out and about. You're worth it too.

So... clothes shopping.. Love? Hate?
Ever take the time for a ME weekend? What did you do?
Did you pine for Blissdom too? :)

Copy Me will be announced soon! 
Watch Facebook updates and changes to the TOP of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment