Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Love Notes~

Today the Hubby and I are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary.

We went in together on an anniversary gift a couple of weeks back, but I wanted to do something to surprise him anyway.

Can I just tell you how hard it is to surprise your husband when he is still home recuperating from his accident?

So a couple of days ago, I called and ordered 15 helium balloons. (1 for each year we've been married.) Luckily, he had a physical therapy appointment this morning. So I dropped him off and while he was there, the little boys and I went and picked up the balloons.




A little side note here: when you are carrying around 15 helium balloons everyone you see smiles. I mean really, everyone. Balloons are just magic like that.

Last night I stayed up late after the hubby went to bed and printed out 15 photos from our wedding and engagement. Then I wrote one reason why I love him on the back of each photo. When I got the balloons home today, I tied one note on each balloon and left them in our bedroom for him to find when he got back from his appointment.


I pulled it off...he was really surprised. And he loved it, that old softy.



Then the hubby and I headed off for a lunch date to the Cheesecake Factory (mmmmm good! I highly recommend the avocado egg rolls...oh yeah!) where we ran into one of my fabulous readers who stopped to introduce herself - hi Emily! That was fun. And a lunch date was quite the luxury. We enjoyed some kiddo-free conversation and alone time which made the whole day special, mainly because it doesn't happen very often.


Happy Anniversary Babe! Here's to many more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment