Thursday, January 13, 2011

My 'ugly' office - phase one


(due to popular request: truck is from Costco from a few years back)

 I recently had someone ask me if my home was always so tidy like. My reply? I couldn't stop laughing!

If anyone thinks that, they've never been through my front door. If you can open it all the way to get in, it's a good day. And from there, it all goes downhill.

One neighbor saw a palette laying on my sofa one day, and after a quick glance, she turned to me and said, "Huh... only in your house is a palette on your sofa normal." And off we went happy as larks. 

So how do I take pretty photo shoots you ask? Well, I decide what room I want clean and mess up the others in order to achieve it. Honestly? I just don't think creative people ever have clean homes. We're always ripping something up! :)


Anyway, there's a room I haven't shown you which is one of my downstairs offices. It's a bookeeping type office with wall to ceiling bulletin boards. It's all about ugly paperwork and I aim to change that.

Are you ready?!? Ugh... hate this part. Closing eyes and jumping into the deep end...



 Check it out. My camera is in so much shock the pic went blurry. And you KNOW I don't post blurry pics. But it's the only one I took of the before. So even my photography's ugly to match. Lovely.


 The area has great potential! These are french doors that lead to worse off zones. The curtains were there when we moved in which I LOVE. It's a really cool feature.


 And, while this ceiling has some gorgeous pine tongue and groove, I have never finished painting it! I think this primer is... 2 years old? No idea. Total disservice to a room that's got a great future.

This is part of the 6 room redo I've been talking about. My wish is to turn this room into a crafting and photography area.

So, the first thing I did was clean up the desk  so I could take pictures for craigslist. If I go ahead with these plans, I'll be selling this massive Ikea desk that snaps together lickety split like.


Much better! The plan is to put wall to ceiling shelving on the clock wall, then my farm table in front of the window where that little truck sits. This room would make a nice out of the way craft room and is astonishingly awesome for photography at nearly any time of day because of all the natural light.

While it's a nice room, it's rather weird. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter so it isn't a room you really wish to hang in for great lengths of time. That's why I'd love to put my staging stuff on the shelving. Junk doesn't care. :)

Next? My son and I need to get to Ikea to look at shelving. I really can't go much further until then. It's only after I get it and try things out that I'll know if I'm selling this desk. It would actually be a pretty awesome crafting desk except that it's too big to accommodate the shelving needed.

Anyone in the lower mainland BC Canada need a big honkin' Ikea desk? Lemme know! :)
signmakergirl@hotmail.com

Why am I sharing an undone room?

Because a certain link party is totally encouraging me to pursue this office wreck.


 I'm linking up today to Songbirds Gitter Done - Volume 1! This party is all about getting long overdue procrastinated projects done. They can be DIY or simple cleaning up type posts of non pretty things. Anything! Click the button to see what's up!

 You can read my post on the NEW Gitter Done HERE.

SongBird's welcome to Gitter Done is HERE.

So tell me.. is your house always a blast of creativity (mess) too?


In other news, I'd just like to welcome all the new followers that have hopped on in the past day! The flip over to start the Copy Me! Challenge happened  sooner than Miss Mustard Seed and I anticipated. 

I've asked on FJI Facebook when you'd be ready to join the party, so we're discussing it HERE. Hop on over and voice what you'd like and we'll set a date or leave your feedback in comments here.

Don't know what I'm talking about? You can read about the Copy Me! Challenge HERE.

I've been messing around with my own place, MMS style. While it's MMS pretty, it's weird. It's like she came over. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment