Sunday, January 16, 2011

Happy Birthday



Tonight I am posting a card I made earlier today but before I could take a photo, I had company arrive and they didn't leave until it started getting dark.  It was impossible to get a picture showing the true bright pink color of this card.  I don't know the name of this style card.  I remember seeing cards similar to this and just made some cuts and scores to come up with it. 

Joan's Gardens is now carrying the Studio 490, Wendy Vecchi, stamps and I have combined two different sets here.  The flower is from the "Botanical Art" set.  The stamp is solid rubber so I used a bright pink and a purple marker to color right on the rubber and two different colors of green for the stem and leaves.  It was misted with water before stamping on glossy card stock.  A second flower was stamped and just the flower was cut out so I could make it dimensional.  The design was cut out with a Nestabilities Labels Seventeen.  I attached it to black card stock and cut a mat around it with scissors. 

The flourishes and number border along the bottom are from the Studio 490 "Art Parts" set.  They were black embossed on the card.    The verse is from the JustRite "Just A Note" set.  It was embossed in black an cut out with the Nestabilities Lacy Circles die.  Both the flower and the greeting were attached with dimensionals.  In order to add some more black to the card I cut four small pieces of black/white dotted design paper and added them to each side.  A black/white dotted Swiss bow was added to complete the card. 

All the products used to create this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.


No comments:

Post a Comment