Friday, January 21, 2011

Love is in the Air

Happy Friday!

I've been rushing to finish this card so I can enter it into the challenge at Make It Colourful. Their Challenge #2 is to Colour with Red (and it will be closing in a few hours...yikes!).


And other challenges for this card also:

Sunday Sketch and Stamp - Challenge 45 - sketch (I've turned the sketch upside down).
Bunny Zoe's Craft Challenge 8 - Love is in the Air!
Creatalicious Challenge #18 - Ribbon with a Love theme.
Flutter By Wednesday #138 - Open Week.
7 Kids College Fund - Challenge #13 - Challenge yourself! (It's always a challenge for me to colour black, white and red.)
Simon Says -Bingo Challenge - My choices are brads, flower, ribbon.
Stamp Something - Cute Somethings Challenge.
Just Magnolia hAnglar & sTanglar - Week 90 - sketch.



This oh sooo... adorable angel is called Bubbling Tilda and she is from Magnolia's Fairy Tale Collection 2010. The stamp for her image is available from Magnolia-licious on-line store.

I've cut out her entire image and mounted it on pieces of foam tape/dimensionals and I've added a more 3-D effect to her wings by adding a second set of wings. Both sets of wings are covered with clear glitter.

I've drawn and coloured little red hearts inside the bubbles and then added some gloss medium (you have to wait for a while for this to dry) to give the bubbles a more shiny and ...well, bubble look...LOL.


Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by. I appreciate your visit. Have a wonderful weekend! Hope you can get some crafting done in between whatever life throws at you. Me too!

Recipe:

I've been experimenting with colouring with markers and then with coloured pencils. To colour the red I used Promarkers crimson, berry red, red; Letraset Tria Pantone markers 178, 176, Touch markers 137 medium pink, Derwent Coloursoft coloured pencils C130 deep red, C120 red, C100 rose. A bit overboard probably, but I was having fun playing around.

Other markers and coloured pencils used:
Promarkers: blush, soft peach, cocoa, raw sienna, Cool grey 1, 2 and 3.
Touch markers: 27 powder pink, 136 blush, 178 cool shadow
Letraset Tria Pantone (discontinued): 4655, 5503, 5507 and 5527.
Prismacolor: pencils PC939 deep orange, PC1010 peach, PC928 blush pink.
Derwent Coloursoft C600 mid brown.

Stamps: Bubbling Tilda from Magnolia's Fairy Tale Collection 2010, Posh Impressions Grass, the sentiment is computer generated.

DP's: My Mind's Eye Bohemian Collection Bliss 'Love of My Life' Floral, Basic Grey Euphoria Collection Felicity.

Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One, Martha Stewart border punch Heart Chain and twig punch, EK Success leaves and retro flower punches medium and small.

Misc.: Mark Richards Crystal Stickers red hearts, Recollections brads and pearls, ribbon from my stash, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter, Deserres gloss medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment