Monday, January 31, 2011

Tackling The Legs! Done...

In Friday's post I showed how quickly the table top had gotten sanded, as well as the solution for how to finish the table...thanks to your comments in an earlier post.{Furniture wax!}


Before I could get to applying the wax however, the table legs and leaf needed to be sanded as well. To make sure the leaf was sanded down in a similar way to the rest of the table top, I extended the table and placed it in where it would go if feeding a crowd of 30. Seriously, have you ever seen such a big table? Even extended it fits comfortably into the space. Now to just find a dozen chairs...


Before sanding: the legs are green, really!

Then it was on to the legs. I knew from testing an area that the legs were going to prove to be a little more difficult to sand than the rest of the table: by hand rather than with a sander. I had asked my Dad in a phone call if he would want to come out and catch up while we sanded, and I really did hear silence on the other end of the phone. So that was that and I didn't bring it up again. Then he read Friday's post (in which I mention his silence to my question)...ha! He promptly called to say he'd be out on Sunday to help sand. (I guess he hadn't heard me ask on the phone?)


After sanding, green 99% gone and nearly ready to wax.


Can you tell much of a difference? Probably not. And it doesn't surprise me, the green simply does not show up in the photos. I have taken well over a hundred photos trying to capture the green tint that drove me to sand the table in the first place. No luck. Oh well, it is all turning out just fine...loving both the color and the smoother finish.


Hopefully I'll find a bit of time today to clean the table of all its dust and apply some wax...

In the meantime, here are the two winners of the Lisa Leonard Designs Giveaway, each receiving a $50 gift certificate to Lisa's shop!


The first is LindsB of Everything LEB, who wrote:

LindsB said...
So so sweet! I think if my name was picked I'd have to get either the basic ID tag bracelet with my upcoming wedding date or one of the necklaces with tiny charms on it, one with my initial, one with my fiances, and one with the wedding date :)

(I was excited to see her win, how perfect with her wedding coming up! And make sure to check out her blog if you haven't already done so.)

And the second is C. M. Turner, who wrote:

C. M. Turner said...
I would LOVE the "You Are Loved" necklace for my daughter. =)

(I would probably select this as well!)

Enjoy your jewelry, and a big thanks to Lisa for hosting this giveaway here on my blog! Janell

No comments:

Post a Comment