Monday, January 17, 2011

Note Box c/w Calendar

Hello! Happy Monday!

This is my latest project—just finished last night, or rather in the wee hours of this morning…LOL.



I remember my friend Debbie made a project with an easel card and a calendar for her phone table at one time. I thought back then that I was going to make one too. Well, it only took me one whole year later to make it…LOL. I went searching for her posting and found it back in Jan. 2010…yikes, was it that long ago! Click here to see Debbie’s creation--she has also given the measurements that she used. This is my version and I’ve adjusted my box to fit the 5-inch square note paper that I found at Michaels store. This will also sit next to my phone.

This lovely-looking lady is called Lady Tilda, from Magnolia’s Fairy Tale Collection 2010—available from Magnolia-licious on-line store.


For the layout I’ve used this wonderful sketch of Domi that she’s created for the Challenge #124 at Everybody-Art-Challenge.
A few other challenges I’m entering with this project:
All Sorts - Week 86 - teal and brown.
Magnolia Down Under – Challenge 89 – Calendar.
Let's Ink It Up - Challenge 8 for January – Anything Goes.
Just Magnolia hAnglar & sTanglar - Week 89 - My Favorite things. Several favorites in this project: blue/teal and brown is one of my favorite colour combo, the DP is one my favorites also (I bought a whole bunch of pages) and easel card is my fave type of cards.
Stamp Something Challenge - Anything Goes.
Stamping for the Weekend - Challenge 1 - New & Blue. I've got new crafting tools: the MS border and corner punch set and the Marianne Design cutting and embossing die for the leaves.
Paper Sundaes - 1st Birthday Celebration and your favorite challenge. I've chosen Challenge #44 - Pick Your Sundae Toppings--pick 2 from punches, ribbon, embossing and the colour blue.

I’ve added two rows of large pearls so that I have a place to nest my pen.
The free printable calendar I obtained from http://www.printablecalendar.ca/.




Thanks so much for dropping by. Have a wonderful week. Enjoy today!


Stamp: Lady Tilda from Magnolia’s Fairy Tale Collection 2010.
DP’s: K&Company Ancestry.com Teal Floral & Letterflat Paper, Chatterbox Botanico Blue Oak Designer Paper.
Tools: Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace Punch Aound the Page Set, Spellbinders Nestabilities Curved Rectangles, Magnolia Dookickey Swirls, Marianne Design Creatables LR0133, EK Success Retro Flower punches medium and small, Recollections rotary cutter Dashes.
Misc.: Recollections pearl stickers. Wooden button plugs for the drawer pulls (bought at Michaels or Lee Valley Tools). My paper edges are distressed using Tim Holtz distress ink pad Vintage Photo.
To colour my image, I’ve used alcohol-ink markers and touched it up with coloured pencils. I don’t stick to any one brand in particular—whatever I can buy cheaply...LOL...and the right colour shade I wanted. Promarkers: blush, soft peach, caramel, sandstone. Touch Markers: T27 powder pink, T136 blush, T92 raw umber. Letraset Tria Pantone Markers (discontinued): 549, 5493, 5527, 5503. Prismacolour pencils: PC939 peach, PC1010 deep orange, PC928 blush-pink. Faber-Castell Art Grip: #176. Cretacolor Marino: bremen blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment