Sunday, January 16, 2011

Create the Look of Etched Glass the Easy Way~

A while back I found myself at one of my favorite home decor stores. (Shocking, isn't it?) While I was browsing around, and getting inspired, I happened upon a sweet mirror with an etched monogram. It was so pretty, I thought it would go perfectly in the Princess' room. I came thisclose to buying it. But I talked myself out of it because (1) the Princess already has a pretty mirror in her room and (2) I had an idea.

The Princess' mirror BEFORE



So over the weekend I pulled out some new Premium Vinyl that I received from Silhouette. This vinyl is fabulous stuff. It's frosted, and when placed on glass it has the look of etching.

So this is what I did.

I found a font that was similar (possibly even identical) to the font used on the one I saw at the store - one of the great things about Silhouettes is that they can access any font that you have on your computer. Then I cut out a large uppercase "E" which is the Princess' first initial.

After that all I did was apply that baby to her existing mirror and VOILA! the look of etched glass without the etching cream and fuss! I LOVE IT! And so does the Princess.

The Princess' mirror AFTER







And have I got a deal for you. The week of January 17-22 Silhouette is offering 2 fabulous promotions.



The first - and this one is great - is a machine deal. You can purchase a Silhouette machine for $225. And not only do you get the machine. You will also receive 2 rolls of Premium Vinyl, 1 roll of transfer paper, and a Home Decor CD. That's a $395 value for only $225.

If you already have a Silhouette machine, don't worry, they haven't forgotten you. They are also offering 25% off the purchase of Premium Vinyl.

In order to receive these great deals simply enter the code "SHABBY" at checkout.

So get yourself some frosted vinyl and try creating the look of etched glass the easy way!
The legal stuff: I am an affiliate for Silhouette. I was given premium vinyl to try free of charge.

xoxo
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment