Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Living Room Progress - a mini reveal~

First, let me start by thanking you all for your kind comments on my new haircut! You sure now how to make a girl feel cute!
We have been making progress on our living room redo...and I am really loving the results so far.
Every time I post about a room redo in our house, I feel the need to preface it by saying that we are living in a rental house right now. We cannot paint the walls, we cannot alter the house. So I have to work with the raw material that was here. I would definitely repaint if I could.

THE LIVING ROOM IN VARIOUS BEFORE STATES (MOST RECENTLY THE SOFA WAS SLIPCOVERED IN WARM TAN...NOT PICTURED)



But that said, I'm happy with how the living room is coming together. Over the weekend we painted the dresser, painted the rehabbed console white - this was a subject of much debate between the hubby and myself - and moved it behind the sofa (what a creative place for a console table, huh?) We also began adding in some touches of blue. The room is still in need of some styling and some accessories, not to mention something substantial to replace the console under the large charcoal (we're thinking a bench is in order) but here is a look at how it's coming together so far.

THE LIVING ROOM AFTER (MOSTLY FINISHED -THAT IS)

















I just noticed that I didn't actually include a picture of the console painted white (or the fireplace for that matter - but I have posted plenty of those photos recently)...I promise to post one of the rehabbed-rehabbed console in the near future...my bad.



Frugal Friday goes live Thursday at 10:00 pm EST. Can't wait to have you all join me here for the Frugal goodness!

Have a great day~



No comments:

Post a Comment