Monday, January 17, 2011

Flower Pins: How to Make 'em / How to Wear 'em~

Hello my lovelies!! I'm in a mood for pretty today, so I'm going to talk flower pins. Oh how I love me a pretty little posy.




I'm not going to tell you how to make these babies, because darling Emily over at Jones Design Company did a wonderful tutorial on how to make them a while back and I just can't improve on it, so I'm going to link to it instead. I am going to say, however, that most of the time I see these flowers with 3 or 4 circles, but I like them to be really full, so I use 7 or 8 (occasionally more). Other than that, I follow her process exactly.

Unless you take this little cutie into account. I found that if I held each section of the circles over the flame, they would pucker up all over. And I think they make cute (and unique) flowers this way as well.



But once you have a bunch of these pretties, what do you do with them? You can add clips to the back for your little girl's hair (or your own, for that matter.) Or you can add pins to the back like I did. Then you can put them on just about anything from a bib necklace....to a shirt....

White Shirt: DownEast Basics Gray Sweater and Earrings: Target
...to a pillow....to a hat.


On the Princess: Jacket: Children's Place, Hat: Target
 

Makes you want to make some pretty flowers too, doesn't it?

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment