Monday, January 31, 2011

Punched Flower Tutorial

This is a card I created with flower punches.  I thought I would give you a little tutorial on how I create these flowers because they are so much fun to make.   All the supplies used for this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.   The design paper is from my "stash".  The flowers are attached to a Nestability Labels Ten die cut.  The greeting is from the new JustRite "Fancy Tags" stamp set.  A few lavender "Dew Drops" were added to complete the card. 

Closeup of flowers

The flowers are easy to create with the instructions from the "Paper Bouquet" book.  It shows step by instructions.  This book has complete instructions on how to make 40 different flowers.  You can purchase any of the many punches listed from Joan's Gardens.

Here is a picture of the power punch available from Joan's Gardens.  It makes it really easy to use any punch.  Of course you don't need to use this tool, but it makes punching so much easier.   

The flower I created is the "Petunia" and this shows the punched out petals using the "Super Giant Begonia Petal" Punch.  You can make so many flowers with this one punch, including large and small sizes.  I only needed the largest petal for this flower, but save all the other petals for other types of flowers I will be making later.  Some of the other flowers you can make with this punch are:  Begonia, Carnation, Gardenia, Rose, and Pansy.

With the Flower Tool Kit, you can easily shape each petal for a very realistic flower.  You can see the flat petal in the lower right side.  What a difference when you shape the flowers.

This shows one of the tools, from the kit,  for shaping the petals.  You just roll it around on the petal and it "cups" it into a pretty petal shape.  You use the tweezers to do further shaping.  All the details are in the Flower Book.

Here are the two punches I used for these flowers.

Another picture to show the Flower Tool Kit, the two punches used, the two pieces used to create the flowers and the finished flower.  Isn't it amazing you can take a piece of paper and turn it into a beautiful flower that is so realistic.  I just love it.

Joan and I will be creating lots of different flowers from this book.  I have been putting my flowers on cards, but can you imagine all the beautiful boxes you can create with these flowers.  Remember the pine cones I created at Christmas time -- those are in this book too. 

Did this tutorial help explain how easy it is to create these dimensional flowers?  I hope it did.  I no longer purchase flowers for my projects, because I can make my own in any style, size, or color.  Hope you will give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment