Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I need your advice - for ugly office #2

Not long ago, ugly office #2 looked like this. This is an above ground basement room.



Nasty nasty BIG popcorn ceiling, bad wood moldings with some strange beams on the ceiling,  awful brown doors with dog holes clawed through some. Nasty all around. It became a great place to store my dream hardwood flooring. And stayed like this for about 2 years.


Then help arrived and lots of it. Leaky woodstove out, and wonderful new wiring. Ceiling was toast at this point. So...


Bless these wonderful folks' hearts forever. They virtually saved my life. You can read more on the renos of my home on my reno blog HERE. This was before Funky Junk time.



New potlights, drywall, new windows and gorgeous ceiling! And where are we today?

 

This is what lurks behind those doors in ugly office #1. I don't blame my dog for staying put. Not one bit. This area is an amazing space that got put on the back burner because my passion was working upstairs. And now, it's time to play with the down.


More Ikea madness. And in my defense, this heap of whatever derived from moving things around.  But yet again, I needed a good shot so I could sell the desk.


Better. MUCH better. I feel I can breathe! But it's still got the swedish edge I'm attempting to lose. 

BTW, these are fabulous desks. Fully adjustable legs, pretty white tops, just not the ultimate style I'm attempting to achieve in these rooms.


 One more look because I never see it like this! :) Ok, I'm good now.


Here's what's behind that desk. This is my work table for my signmaking equipment. It utilizes all that wonderful natural light that I love and is the home of many photoshoots you see here due to that amazing north facing window.

Nice little setup isn't it? Well, yeah, it is, except I needed a computer station big enough for 2 computers down here. So I'm trying out some new arrangements.


So after I gutted ugly office #1, I moved that big desk into office #2. But honestly? The desk arrangement ate up too much floor space, so it had to go sooner than later. I couldn't move.


So I spent some time dismanteling the works. That's what's wonderful about these desks. They collapse into nothingness in an instant.


All ready for a new owner!

And where does that leave me now? Ohhhh... it's not pretty.


I'm doing a trial run on a collapsable Costco table in front of that wonderful window. My ultimate plan will have a desk as wide as the glass. I vision 2 old white chippy doors covered in tempered glass, however we shall see what I can scrounge up.

But before that, trial time. It's gotta be functional first. That's my rule. So from Ikea to Costco we stand.

See my mattress spring bulletin board making a sneaky appearance? My first junk down there to help encourage and inspire me further! It's going to be a wonderful space one day. 

And in other slightly sad news, my hope had been to remove this lovely like new teal carpet and just go cement. Yes, really. However upon pulling it back, there's some spongy goop stuck to it everywhere. Scraping will not cut it. So I'm stuck with this carpet, another carpet, or laminate I presume. I don't like any of those options. I don't even think I could tile it at this point. No budget for a new floor, so I'm stuck for now. Any ideas?

So, wonderful new creations are coming soon! But I must get to that year end first... I'm only up to June and my bookkeeper is coming Saturday! And we're out of groceries. And I need my hair done.  And I need to work. Breathe... just breathe...

So, I'm leaning on you! I'd love some stylin' ideas on how you vision this room to turn out, knowing my style. I'm all ears!


I'l be linking up to Songbird's Gitter Done. Link party starts Friday.

Because this link party is now weekly, it's helping to keep me motivated to push forward. Whew... I'll keep trying!

And  SNS's What is it? junk linkup starts Fri! See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment