Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reinventing A Console

Based on the feedback in yesterday's post, most of you are in favor of refinishing this console.


If not...


Too late. I'm painting, or more accurately priming. With Sherwin Williams Adhesion Primer to ensure I don't encounter problems down the line. (While sanding I discovered this piece was covered with the thickest and strongest industrial strength polyurethane I have ever seen!)


I like it already. Once warmed up with ivory paint it will be great sitting here.


Think the hardware is now too stark against the lighter body?


One of my all time favorite products can fix that fast: Rub 'n Buff.


Simply squeeze a tiny bead on your finger, rub in and presto!


Newly refreshed, warmer hardware to compliment the paint color to be applied next.


Now it's time to paint. Hopefully just one layer of the lovely Softer Tan will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment