Friday, January 21, 2011

My sick camera plus 4 magazines equals one awesome day!

First off, thanks so much for all your advice on the blog and Facebook about ideas for my downstairs office.You've given me so many wonderful ideas to work from! I can't wait to try a few and I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Moving along...

Guess most of you have figured out by now that I like to fiddle around with photography.

And you KNOW how important cameras are to a blogger. So what would YOU do if you found your camera very sick one day?


Check this out. I wouldn't know how to do this if I tried.

Know what else was equally horrifying? The photo shoot I was taking for the Copy Me! Challenge started cranking out pics just like this. Freak. Me. Out.

So I attempted a full blown photo shoot anyway. And it didn't work out. Everything looked pretty bad. Even the colours and tones were on their way out. So I borrowed a friend's camera to get by. And in no uncertain terms, I got it in both ears...

"GET THE CAMERA YOU WANT. NOW. TODAY. GO."

Such a nag. :)

You may say I'm pretty cautious about big ticket items. I wait and wait until I'm dragging myself along the ground complaining and whining and fussing about how awful my bad junk is to everyone that's within earshot before I'll budge and allow myself something cool.  And my friend had had quite enough and gave me one good final kick! Just what I needed.

So, my son and I set out to get a shiny new camera. The sales flyer showed us a great deal on one that was just begging for a new home.

And once we got there? Out of stock. NOOO! THIS WILL NOT DO.

I then asked her to show me ALL the brands, not just the one I asked for. Well now, I felt like that episode of I Love Lucy where all the chocolates go too fast on that conveyor belt.




Told you I was old. :)

Anyway, I burned away that sales girl's hours until they flicked off the lights in the store. She'll never forget me. :)

BUT. I got one I loved BETTER than the one I was after! I did it! I really really honestly went ahead and did it!


 Look Miss Mustard Seed! Even our cameras are friends! :)

I may wear ripped jeans and farmer jackets, but by golly, I have a smokin' Canada's Next Top Model kinda camera I do! This one fit in my hands just like a glove.

And when I figure out how to drive it, you'll be the first to know.

Gotta say, this was one of the last trinkets I had a goal to purchase to make some future dreams come true. I'm now working towards getting Photoshop and Illustrator for Mac.

Know what else I'm very proud of? This camera was purchased soley from money made from the blog. This is a true blue Funky Junk purchase. It took a long time to save for, but I did it! And I couldn't be more proud of that fact. I'm so very glad I waited and paid for it the right way. This means so much more to me than just a camera.

And right when you couldn't think my day could improve more, I landed these too. And bought the last 4 they had. :)


 Why? Because I'm totally beside myself that I can say I'm available on the newstands now.  EEEE!


 I still can't get over MMS on the same page. VERY VERY cool.


 Dear Romantic Homes... you rock! And have great taste. :) It's such an incredible honor to be recognized this way. And if I can do it, (with a point and shoot no less) so can you.

And for those curious, an editor from RH contacted me. So make sure every photo shoot counts.

Right... back to the camera.


 Guess a post is in order soon on how to buy an SLR. And what this baby all needs to stay happy. She's a little high maintenance she is... opposites attract, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment