Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Old signs are definitely (one of) 'my things'

I told myself I was going to stay off the computer and get some stuff done.
 

So I made an attempt. I had a stack of new magazines I hadn't yet touched, so when it was reading time for my son, we sat together flipping our own desired pages.

 
So, I'm going to blame this computer hack sign attack on the magazines.


"Son, did you see this wall?!? Your room needs this wall!"


 It was like a reincarnation of Saturday mornings with SNS.


 I can only read so much, then I have to get up and DO something. 


 Vintage sign inspiration drives me absolutely mad. MAD. That's a good mad.


 You see, in the magazine, I came across one tiny picture of a sign. And my brain lit up like a Christmas tree on a shorted out blinker. That had me bolting for google.


This one would remind me to not only eat, but to COOK. Eh... EAT is out. But it sure is cool.


  I can vision 101 different things to do with these and places to put them. Here's my dream barn storage btw.





 furniture source

 And things to make out of them. 

Miss Mustard Seed, please come sew for me... I'll loan you my nicest farmer jacket to stay warm in and buy you a boatload of Diet Dr. Pepper and promise to NOT sing you show tunes. Trust me, it wouldn't be pretty. 

What's that? You're making a slipcover tutorial in my honor? Does it come with someone to show me HOW to follow a slipcover tutorial? Something to think about maybe, eh?


 I think this sign needs a sprawling tree underneath it with garbage strewn around. You know.. tornado alley like.


These are house numbers.... I'd wallpaper a table top with them. But my son would be much more creative and flash these at me, giving me limits on how soon he needed to EAT.




 Wonder if they're ripping down or putting up? I say, leave them up and keep going! But if you're taking down, sending to Canada isn't THAT big of a deal.


 This coke sign needs to be my new office desk top.


One day I'm going to paint a real vintage looking mural on a brick wall. Guess I'd better stock up on a couple bricks...


I'm glad our road signs are all new like because if I lived here, I'd be in daily car accidents.


 "I'll take 5 of everything, please. No need for a bag. Just a U-Haul. Do you carry barn storage kits too?"

"I know whatchoo need! I take you!" (name that movie)


 Michael Wurm! Here's an egg sign for your chalk wall! :)


 Wasn't that a fantastical tour?!?

I didn't capture the sources to most of these. I found them at random on google. If one of them was yours, please let me know which one and I'll link back to you! Sorry, I was just in a flat out frenzy.


So now you know. There's a reason my stairs look the way they do. Vintage signs and beat up labeled crates and such are my passion.

Other sign related posts of mine...











I keep getting off track with my plans. And these sign pictures help get me back on track. More clear clean surfaces are in grave grave danger. :)

Ohhh  I wanna know! What would you consider to be YOUR thing? 
That one deal that really makes you tick?
Do you have alot of it surrounding you?

No comments:

Post a Comment