Friday, August 27, 2010

A Sunburst Mirror ~ DIY Style

This DIY sunburst mirror project is attending Frugal Friday over at the Shabby Nest. Click here for the tutorial on how to make this mirror!


I am loving the fresh look this sunburst mirror brings to the entry.

before



The mirror was painted ivory, to tie in with the stencil design recently painted on an adjacent wall. A little peek of it can be seen reflected in the mirror.




After hanging the mirror above the console, it became clear what this spot needed was a table lamp. I headed off to HomeGoods, hoping to find a lamp with a nice shape. The color didn't matter, it could just be refinished. So it was a happy bonus when this lamp, in a perfect shade to coordinate with the slipper chair, was waiting on the shelf.


I don't know why I didn't place a lamp here before. It casts a wonderful soft light at night, much nicer than turning on the harsher overhead lighting.


I'll be trying this project again, probably a smaller version, using these bamboo sticks painted a wonderful color. Perhaps a steel gray, orange, or even a brilliant green. So many options...


Enjoy your weekend and look for my latest Houzz Ideabook tomorrow, in which I explore a little pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment