Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bewitched~

The Princess was watching Nicole Kidman's remake of "Bewitched" the other day. I had watched it a few times before, and I remembered that I thought the cottage in the movie was quite charming, so I made a point of stopping and watching with the Princess for a minute.

And, oh yes! I just adore that cottage. So I looked on-line for some images to share with you. Luckily, the amazing Julia at Hooked on Houses had featured the "Bewitched" remake on her site, so I was able to steal borrow some images from her.

I was slightly disappointed, although not at all surprised, to learn that the interior of the sweet cottage had been built as a set for the movie. It is Hollywood, after all. But for the sake of my infatuation with the house, I'm going to pretend it exists as you see it. You'll all pretend with me right?



Here is a photo of the home's exterior. It's perfect, no? Even complete with a white picket fence.


But it's the interior that I really fell in love with (again, pretending it's not just a set.) I love the vaulted ceilings and the arches and columns. And that huge chandy over the table? Swoon.

But the kitchen? All those windows? And the french doors? Exactly what I want someday. Check out the sweet little shelf above the window on the left with that collection of white pottery. mmmmm. (I guess I'll have to build my own, huh?...Okay so I'm not doing a very good job at pretending it's not a set.) ;-)

And, of course, those perfect french doors lead out to a perfect little patio/courtyard complete with a fountain (that can be seen in the previous photo) and a pergola. Oh and don't forget the perfect little shabby chic bistro set. I could certainly spend many a leisurely brunch on a patio like that.

Someday I might find my own perfect little Bewitched cottage, and when I do, I'll snap it up. Now if I could just learn to wiggle my nose. ;-)

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment