Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pretty Kids' Rooms~

I have a weakness for kids' rooms. They are my favorite rooms to decorate (by a long shot). I think it is because it's easier to break rules in kids' rooms. You don't have to be a grown up - duh they are KIDS' rooms. They can be whimsical, fun, crazy, over-the-top or tailored, romantic and sophisticated. Like I said - no real rules.


So today I thought I'd share some pretty children's rooms with you. (Here's the "hate me" part...these are from my inspiration file where I should have recorded all the links and didn't...so if any one knows credit info that I don't include, please leave me a comment...give credit where credit is due, I always say...)


Image from Full House - the girls' bedroom
Where do I begin? I love so many things about this room! The pink...I just love pink. The wallpaper behind each bed. The mix of traditional and contemporary...even some lucite....love me some lucite! And the pops of blue and red. mmmmmmm.


Image from Sunset
I love the slipcovered headboards and the soft color palette of ocean blue and white.

Image by Sally Conran

So serene...love the neutral color palette...and all those doors propped against the windows...although let's face it, once this baby starts moving the doors will have to go.

What I love about this room? It's modern vibe...industrial and girlie at the same time. The bunk beds. The butterfly mobiles. The twinkle light chandy. And, of course, the oversize photo. Okay, I guess that's just about everything, huh?


Image from JDesignsSalon
I adore the paper parasols suspended from the ceiling...at my nephew's wedding they hung a bunch of those parasols from a pergola and I fell in love...when I saw the same idea used in this room? Well...SWOON...what more can I say?

Silhouettes + the black and white palette = perfection


I've been dreaming of having a bunk room in my house. I'm seriously considering doing one for my little boys' room when we buy our next home. Perfect for slumber parties, out of town guests etc. This one is just darling!


I love the citrus color palette and the contrast of an upholstered bed and metal lockers. So fun!

I still have to finish Mr. One's Tween Room...hopefully a post on that later this week...and I have a FAB idea for the Princess' room that involves repurposing her old baby crib...coming soon.

In the meantime, anyone catch HGTV's Design Star last night? What'd y'all think? (Lovin' my grammar? Yeah, I am an editorial assistant IRL...no, seriously, I am.)

Have a lovely day~

No comments:

Post a Comment