Thursday, August 19, 2010

Me?!? An award winning photographer! ME! (updates)


#1. 'Harrison Nature.'

Remember my little quiet escape to Harrison Hot Springs when I was kidless?


#2. 'Let's Go!'

 And the lakeside photoshoot I showed you in my 'What Does Your Quiet Say To You?' post?


#3. 'The Dreaming Bench.'

I entered these five pictures in a Harrison photo contest on Flickr HERE.
Mine are on page 3.


#4. 'Boating Adventures.'

And this is the email I recieved today...

Dear Funky Junk'r or is it Donna...?
Happy to report that you have one of 2 grand prizes on our Flickr photo contest for your shot - "Quiet Solitude" at Harrison.
Compact Digital Camera  - Nikon Coolpix S640 with 2 GB Memory Card
2 nights Lakeview accommodation
Breakfast each morning in The Lakeside Cafe
Dinner one night in The Copper Room
2 hour ecotour and photo safari on the Harrison and Fraser Rivers with Harrison Bay Eco Adventures
Donna - let me know where I can send this to and also would like to use your shot and show it as the winner on our website and Facebook page.
Congratulations!
Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh...

And then we have...


#5. Quiet Solitude. 

Which won!



Ohmygoshohymygoshohmygosh!!!!


Here's the other photo that won by artLesley. Isn't it amazing?!?

Anyway, my son has been BEGGING me to hotel it with him somewhere somehow. He particularly wanted to stay at this location because the food is JUST THAT GRAND. And I've been longing to take one of the local boating tours for photo ops. I was watching the boats as I was taking this very photo shoot. And I have 101 other reasons this package means the WORLD to me! To us! I swear I'm going to live in Harrison one day.

I'm sitting here dazed and stunned. I can barely think straight!
Boy, do I have a cool upcoming post one day soon. :)


 Oh my gosh. I have to find a DOGsitter. Who can I bribe?!? Takers???


Come ON. She has really cute feet...

Thank-you Mr. Harrison award giver! (should I gain permission I'll say more)

Have you ever won anything? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment