Monday, August 23, 2010

Lady in Red

Hello!

I've made a birthday card for a very special lady. I hope she gets this in time for her birthday. I was cutting it very close to the wire--I probably...yikes...have not mailed it out soon enough for it to reach her before her birthday. Oh well... I hope she likes it anyway.



I have also made this card with the following challenges in mind:

All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge --Challenge #1 (new challenge, so this is for their very first challenge) - open theme.

Crafts and Me - Challenge 11 - petals and pearls.

Charizma Cards - Challenge 33 - die cuts.

Just Magnolia - Week 69 - let's get sentimental. I've put the sentiment in the inside of my card: The beauty within you brings joy to those around you.

Friday Sketchers - Challenge 116 - sketch by Beatrix. See her sketch on her blog here.

Magnolia-licious Highlites - Birthday celebration blog hop challenge.

Hmm...I'm not really sure if the shape of the die cut works with this sketch, but I so wanted to try it out and see how it looks on a card. This is a new die cut that I bought while I was on vacation this summer. I haven't seen that shape before.

I don't usually decorate the full pages of the inside of my cards. I normally only put something on half of the pages and left the other half blank to write my personal messages on. But this time I decided to do it differently.



Although I find all the Tildas adorable, I usually have a favorite or two from each collection. This one might just be it from the new Bon Voyage Collection.

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by. I appreciate your visit very much. Enjoy your day and your week! myblog.

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Flowing Hair from the Hoppy Easter/Spring 2010 Collection, Magnolia Travelling Tilda from the Bon Voyage 2010 Collection,
DP's: Art Impressions cherry blossom, Mustard Moon old red tractor small plaid, Hot Off the Press Paper Pizzazz mixing masculine papers.
Tools: Nellie Snellen multi frame's die cut, Martha Stewart large circle cutter, Punch Bunch flower punches, Carl Carla Craft sun punch, EK Success retro flower small punch, Martha Stewart hydrangea smalll petals punch, McGill twig punch.
Misc.: Pearls from Recollections, Mark Richards and Vintage Attic Treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment