Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hello

Hello!

I am back from my vacation! Ooh, I have missed my card-making and blogging sooo... much. I am so glad to be back. I flew back home a week ago and surprised myself that I didn't go straight to my craft room and get into the business of creating a card. But it took me several days to recover from jetlag and then I took a few extra days to take care of things--unpack, restock my empty fridge and depleted food cupboard, check for dead plants in my garden plot, take care of huge load of laundry and ironing, and just getting back to a more normal routine. Anyway, I am more or less back on track now. (To those of you who have e-mailed me, I will reply soon....I hope.)


2 challenges for this card:

Crafts and Me Challenges. Challenge #10 - purple and green.

Cupcake Craft Challenges. The theme for their Challenge #104 is Happy 2nd Birthday Cupcake - 2 papers, 2 ribbons and 2 flowers (I'm using the flower Tilda is holding as one of the 2 flowers--hope that's okay) .


I used my markers to colour Tilda's face and my coloured pencils to colour the rest. I am still learning to colour with my coloured pencils and I have not been able to get a good result on Tilda's face with them--at least one that is satisfactory to me. I still have much practicing and experimenting to do.

Stamps: Magnolia's Loves Me Tilda and Lazy Summer Day Tilda from the Lazy Summer Days 2009 Collection. The sentiment is computer generated.

DP's: Hot Off the Press Paper Pizzazz Jacie's Vintage Papers.

Tools: Martha Stewart border punches, Nellie Snellen floral punches - large flower petals and flower centre, Joy! Craft cutting and embossing template - leaves.






No comments:

Post a Comment