Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cherish the Memories

 This project was created for the JustRite Friday Challenge.  This challenge is to create something back-to-school related.  I couldn't think of anything to make then thought about my friend, who is a teacher, and what she might like to have.  She loves to jot down memorable things that happen during the school year and refer back to them.  I think it is such a great idea, so I decided to make her a "pretty" journal for her to record these memories in. 

The front of the journal was covered with a piece of Graphic 45 design paper.  It is one of my favorite.  It was backed with a piece of dark green card stock to frame the pretty roses.  A piece of crocheted lace was added down the middle. 

The JustRite "Baroque Nested Frames" were white embossed on Kraft card stock and layered with dimensionals.  The verse is from the JustRite "Cherish the Memories" set.  It was also white embossed, cut out, and attached with dimensioinals.  I wanted to put the school year on the front so used the JustRite smallest "Baroque Nested Frame" on the clear stamping block and added the numbers from the JustRite "Special Occasions, 50 point font set".  This frame matches the crochet trim very well, doesn't it. 

I needed to add a little more dimension and elegance to the front of the journal, so I made some peach colored vellum roses and added them along with a few vellum leaves.  To complete the journal, I added a few pearls. 

The products I used are all available from Joan's Gardens.

Thanks for visiting again today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment