Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Little Living Room Facelift~

This is the story of how a series of unfortunate delivery events ended up benefitting both my living room and my pocket book.

Clear back in April I blogged about the sweet chair below, with which I was completely and totally smitten. Well, I ordered said chair...two of them actually.






And I waited, and waited, and waited. And they didn't come. Now, I'm not going to go into all the details of what happened, because I actually really love Tar-jay, and I'm willing to overlook this experience, because I just can't stop shopping there. But suffice it to say, that there were some seemingly-avoidable errors made that ended up in my returning said chairs.



Sigh.



And so I thought, and thunked, and thinked about what to do because this is how my living room looked at the time. YIKES. The mismatched chairs had. to. go.






And the more I thought about my dilemma, the more my mind returned to my pretty TJMaxx beauties that sat on either side of my rehabbed console.

And I finally decided to bite the bullet, and see how they would look in place of my mismatched chairs.



And I loved it!! Loved. it. Because I am actually a neutral girl at heart, and my desire to infuse color by adding the yellow chairs, may have been a little bold for me. They probably wouldn't have lasted anyway, even though they are adorable, because I'm afraid they were just too bright for the space.


So my neutral beauties shall remain. But, they are much smaller in scale than the two chairs that were previously there...and although I wanted a coffee table before, the living room actually SCREAMS for a coffee table now. So I am on a red-alert look out for a pretty square table to rehab....or perhaps to construct. And...I've decided to make two smallish ottomans that will fit under the console and provide additional seating to replace the two lost chairs.


And while I've got you all emotionally invested in my living room (ha ha), I wanted to ask your opinion...I'm thinking about making a couple of chocolate-colored throw pillows for the two chairs that will blend with the pillows currently on the sofa [pictured above]. To see what it will look like I borrowed some from the boys' bedroom. What do you all think? Do you like them with brown pillows? (the ones I make would be slightly smaller in scale.) Because I value your opinions, my dear readers, I'm begging asking you to please weigh-in with your opinion in the comments.




And so, in the end, the delivery mishap really was a good thing after all. There's always a silver lining, isn't there?


And I'm sure you're dying to know what I did with the mismatched chairs...well, the overstuffed tan chair is now in the downstairs family room, and the leather chair (the hubby's favorite) found its rightful place as part of a reading nook in the little boys' room. ...And they all lived happily ever after. (Until I decide to tweak things again anyway.)

Awesome artwork above the chair...from Modern Bird Studios.


Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment