Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Random Inspirations

I recently wrote how Jenny, of Evolution of Style, was inspired by my mirror frame project. This post prompted a few other people to share what they had been inspired to work on after seeing something on my blog. Here is one of the projects that put a big smile on my face...


After seeing the fabrics for the Master Bedroom Redesign, which includes Shadow Branch in Chili Pepper, Leigh of Nick and Leigh was inspired to have drapery panels made. She just sent these photos showing the gorgeous result.


The panels bring a great pop of beautiful color into the space and I love how the ivory in the print works perfectly with the other light elements in the room. As I said in my post about the "twin" mirror Jenny made, it makes my day when I see a project I've helped inspire. Thanks for sharing!


And then let me talk about how I've enjoyed living vicariously through clients recently. Their dream to purchased a beach house became a reality when they found a special home perched in the woods above the water.


My family has had the chance to spend a little time there, and I just have to say, the house is great but the location is magical. Situated on a wooded bluff, the house has wonderful views and access to miles of beach where you can walk forever before running into another person. Now that is a retreat.



We are doing a little decorating inside, furnishings and accessories to create a welcoming and cozy spot to spend some down time. When the job is complete I'll post photos, and will include shots of the wonderful environment that makes this place so special.

And...if you've been inspired to work on a project after reading a post or idea of mine, I would love to hear from you and feature them in a future post!

No comments:

Post a Comment