Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Silhouette Winner and an Update on The Hubby~

First of all, I wanted to thank each and every one of you for your heartfelt comments on yesterday's post, and for the prayers that I can feel lifting me and my family up during this very difficult time.

I had many readers who asked me to please keep you updated on John's condition, so I will get to that in a minute.

But before I do, I want to announce the winner of the Silhouette giveway. There were well over 1800!! comments on this giveaway...you all love you a Silhouette...and I really can't blame you. But the winner according to Random.org is #1137 Aimee Jensen of Aimee Jensen photography. Congratulations Aimee! Please email me and I'll get you set up with your prize.

Now for an update on the Hubby. Yesterday morning, I went to the impound yard where they had towed the remains of our car. It was completely totalled. I was struck again by the realization of just how blessed we are that he survived the crash. And for those of you that wondered, it was a single vehicle accident - he fell asleep at the wheel - so (more blessings) no one else was injured.

After that, I went to see him at the hospital, and it was the first time I had been able to talk to him since the accident. Despite the fact that it was distorted by his severe pain, I was just so grateful to be able to hear his voice! He has several broken ribs and a collapsed lung. His right leg was fractured in several places including his hip, but the surgery from the previous night went well, so his doctors are hopeful that they were able to save his hip and prevent the need for a hip replacement, although that remains to be seen.

He will be in recovery for months, but his prognosis is good and for that I am entirely grateful. I can't express enough my gratitude for your prayers on our behalf. I know that they were heard.

Late in the afternoon, however, my mother called with the news that my father had fallen off a ladder while trying to cut a limb off a tree in their backyard, and had broken his hip. He goes in for hip replacement surgery today. So, although I avoided the anxiety of hip replacement surgery with my husband, I now have to face it with my father. Life is bittersweet. The good with the bad. Being a grown-up certainly comes with unending worry, does it not?

So on I go, dealing with life one day at a time, as do we all. It feels like it is always an uphill climb, but I'm sure once I reach the summit, the view from the top will be well worth the effort of the hike.


xoxo
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment