Sunday, May 24, 2009

This week's finds

Rhoda at Southern Hospitality would like to know what thrifty finds we scored this week. Here are mine..


This microfiber offwhite sofa for (drumroll.....) $30! Included delivery to boot! Do you notice anything missing in the picture? Look one more time before you continue reading.

.
.
.

If you noticed there's one arm missing, you've earned an honorary hawkeye award! Truth be told, this is a chunk of sectional in NEW condition. It's beautiful and perfect and was only $30 because of the missing chunk. I've been in a dire need for good back support and had been sitting in a lawn chair of all things while watching the tube, so this was a lucky score for the timebeing. The sellers also pointed out that I may land the missing component at a local furniture store as the piece isn't that old. Won't hurt to check it out! And in the meantime, I'm left with a lovely cushy place to rest. The colour is perfect with the walls! Teddy Bear (the cat) loves it too it appears. Why do cats always have to test run something new the moment it lands in the door?!?



At the same garage sale, they had these two bark covered candles for $1 each. Love them! The other is in my bedroom. The little wire mesh/wood trimmed basket was free at someone's roadside pile.

My friends/neighbours Geraldine and Hank gave me this old ladder which I promptly placed in the garden to create my birdie hotel.


I had a GREAT weekend! And look very forward to relaxing on that sofa with my son tonite!

What did you score lately? Join in Rhoda's party and let's see!

No comments:

Post a Comment