Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day

A happy Thursday!

I've finally got Mother's Day card done for my Mom. Phew...what a relief! This is also for Magnolia Down Under Challenge #10, whose theme this week just happens to be: Mother's Day Card.




And I'm using the sketch here provide for Week 3 of Just Magnolia Challenge Blog.

I was going to use the Tilda with Tulips image since I haven't used it yet since I got the stamp a few weeks ago, but everybody seems to be using that for their Mother's Day. People might be tired at looking at it for now, so I went looking for another Tilda image with flowers in it. I have only 3 for now and found this is one that I haven't used yet, Tilda Holding Crowsfeet Flowers.

I lucked out in finding the Mother's Day stamp while I was browsing through one of those dollar stores. I'm surprised sometimes by what I find in there. I think I got it for abour $3. The oval is cut out using a Coluzzle template and the tiny scallop edges is done by using one of those decorative scissor. Not always easy to do--you just sort of have to hope that you ended up cutting at the same place where you started the initial cut. Everything else is sort of self-explanatory I think. And this is the inside of the card.

Stamps: Magnolia #231 Tilda Holding Crowsfeet Flowers, Unknown maker of Mother's Day stamp.
Papers: Chatterbox Rosey Flowering Vine and Loft Bias Plaid.
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch, Provo Craft decorative scissors,Marvy Uchida scallop circle punch, Coluzzle oval and circle templates.

No comments:

Post a Comment