Thursday, May 21, 2009

Frugal Friday~

Today's Frugal Friday post celebrates the magic of spraypaint! I know. I know. Not much new about spraypaint...but wait until you see what it did for this pretty wrought iron bed. If you have been reading my blog for long, you might remember this brass and wrought iron bed that I inherited from my sister-in-law.



Such pretty lines, but sadly in need of an update.

So out came the spraypaint. Krylon ivory satin finish. (Three cans). And voila! The finished headboard!




Such pretty details!


It really adds a certain je-ne-sais-qoui to the Princess' room, don't you think? And don't I sound all fancy using my high school French? ha ha!



Okay, granted the headboard was free, but the project grand total came to just about $8. Not bad for a "new" headboard!


And, I've been thinking that it's high time to do another Frugal Friday Linky Party!!! So let's all meet here next Friday, May 29 and share our Frugal Decorating Know-How!!! I was so amazed at all your ideas last time...I can't wait to see what you all come up with this time...


Have a great weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment